If the header doesn’t show, it is nearly always your theme.
Step 1: diagnose the error
- Check that the banner is actually supposed to be showing in the first place!
- On the list of plugins, is the plugin activated?
- Are you an admin user? If you aren’t, you won’t see Cookie Law Info.
- In the plugin settings, can you see that the banner is switched on?
- If all else fails, can you see the folder “cookie-law-info” in the plugins folder via FTP?
- 90% of the time it’s a theme error:
- Go to your homepage
- Right click / view source
- Search for “cookie-law-info.css” – if you can’t find this then you are missing wp_head() and must to fix that
- Search for “cli_show_cookiebar” – if you can’t find this, then you are missing wp_footer() and must fix that
- Most other errors are because you forgot to refresh your server side cache
- Using WP Super Cache, WP Total Cache, Cloudflare or does your host (e.g. MediaTemple) provide server-side caching? Refresh that.
- Still an error?
- If you are a developer, you will immediately see what the issue is. If not, note them down.
- The error is probably still your theme:
- Are there hard coded scripts? (themes are sometimes guilty of this)
- How many times have you declared jQuery? (this is also VERY common)
Step 2: fix the error
- This step doesn’t really require too much explanation…
- De-activate the plugin then re-activate it
- Uninstall the plugin then re-install it (N.B. uninstalling will delete your settings)
- If all else fails then please report a bug on the support forum – so far most bugs have been fixed within a day