If you have entered your Privacy and Cookies Policy URL but click on it and get a 404 error, you probably have an issue with your permalinks. Follow these steps to fix it:
- In the WordPress dashboard, go to Settings / Permalinks – don’t change anything, just click “save”
- Do you get a 404 error?
- If the answer is yes: the issue is not the plugin, the issue is that the page you created cannot be found (do you really have the correct URL?) – stop and fix the URL issue first
- If the answer is no: continue to step 5
- Go to Cookie Law Info settings and enter the URL into the “read more URL” setting and save
- Refresh any server-side cache you have e.g. WP Total Cache, Super Cache, Cloudflare, etc
- Test it again: it should now work